Wednesday, January 23

Anywhere, 'wag lang Manila!

picture courtesy of storm crypt

June 28, 2007 at 9:30 AM, our air plane landed at Ninoy Aquino International Airport. I texted my family and friends in Davao and Iligan informing them that we had arrived safely and were now in Metro Manila. I told myself, "This it, no turning back." With two big boxes and six hand carries we proceeded to Quezon City with Jek, as our sundo.

This is my fourth time to step onto this metropolis but never in my dreams did I wish to settle in a big city. I have always told myself, "Anywhere 'wag lang Manila". I have always imagined this city as polluted, noisy, flooded, filled with traffic, and with lots of working people always on a rat race.
Believe me, I cried when my husband went to work and I was left alone in the house. So the week after that, I went with him to his workplace. It made my adjustment a lot easier and I started to see the beauty of my new life in this new place.

Our cute little white house is part of a seven-door apartment in Veteran's Village in project 7. It has a single bedroom, CR, cooking, laundry, a dining area, and a sala that is convertible into a guest room :). I like it! Thanks to the GYMN staff who scouted that place.
We are near Alvan's office and walking distance from SM North, Trinoma, MRT North Station, and Muñoz public market, so we don't spend much on our transportation. The neighborhood is friendly and peaceful also, just like in the province.

The amazing thing is, it's here in this city that I have experienced rest. It is a moment in my life when I do not have to worry so much on the things around me--coping with deadlines and schedules. This point of my life is a gift from the Lord, a time of stillness, quietude and peace leading me to HIS presence day after day... and I am thankful for it. I do not know what's ahead, but I would continue to enjoy my today with my Lord and with my hubby.

And so, here I am
in a place I never have thought of living in, but God in His sovereign plan placed me and my husband here for a purpose, and it's so exciting to be part of HIS great work. It's been six months since we arrived, and counting.

No comments: