Friday, February 1

Yet, I Will Rejoice...

Thanks clbean for the pix.

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
Though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
Though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

Habakkuk 3:17-19

This Bible passage is one of our favorites with my hubby, a wedding vow, our prayer that whatever happens, we will rejoice in the Lord our God.

My husband is an electrical engineer but works full time as a youth minister. He loves to work with the youth and anything related to youth ministry. I support him in his ministry. For the last eight months most of the time I busy myself with house chores and taking care of him, full time as what we planned beforehand. I'm so happy and fulfilled in our new life together. We've been married for eight months now, it means, were here in Quezon City for eight months already.

But tough times are always part of life. Times when we are tested of our faith, experiencing the reality of Jesus' prayer "give us this day our daily bread". The humbling experience of just trusting HIM in all our needs, especially me who is not used to doing nothing for living. I tried applying for a job last year but I was not accepted. I was quite disappointed, probably because I really wanted to work, and liked the job as well. It was difficult for me at that time to say "...yet I will rejoice in the LORD.."

It took me weeks to really savor God and see His hand at work in my pride, in my heart. God in HIS sovereign way reminded me once again that He is the One IN-CHARGE, not me. I still have the desire to work of course, but not for me to know where or when, I'm excited to be where the Lord will lead me.

As what I told my friend, it is God's gift and grace to see HIS glory revealed in our pain and in our disappointment, and for that I am truly grateful. In His grace and strength, I say "yet, I will rejoice in You!"

10 comments:

mingkay said...

unsa ako i comment?..bitaw nice ayo ang verse, kopyahon ko inyo vow na verse..waaaa..ehhehe... magminyo na lgi ko, natouch ko sa imo testi, i will also pray the same prayer that you pray "Give us this day our daily bread"...hehhee..bitaw love you guys..im happy for both of you...mwah!

Anonymous said...

na challenge ko sa imo testi sa imo married life, mao ning magminyo na sad jud ko tapos "Give us this day our daily bread" pd dayun ako prayer.heheh..Love you guys..im happy for both of you.may you be blessed with lots and lots of beutiful kids..ayaw kaayo mo pa stress pra kabuo dayun...ehehehe.jok!...mwah!

star Etz said...

Thank you guys! we are not yet experts in relationship, but we are pretty sure that if God is in it, there's joy and peace despite of...

labog said...

maka cry man pod ta sa imong blog hehehe u already shared to me ur learnings on that experience and i'm blessed..joyful..u'r always bless sis dili nako makita and give us our daily bread part hehehe joke God have always provided ur nids ever since daghan kau mo donors hahahha btw Praise God for that..labu;)

star Etz said...

hehehehe, thanks sis for being one of our generous donors, hehehehe

Anonymous said...

The supremacy of God's will. The gift of pain. These are things that you kept impressing on me when I went down in the valley of sorrow then. This passage speaks volumes to me...

Anonymous said...

The supremacy of God's will. The gift of pain. These are things that you kept impressing on me when I went down in the valley of sorrow then. The Habakkuk passage speaks volumes to me...

star Etz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
star Etz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
star Etz said...

yup cing. and right now, I just keep praising the Lord for the realness of HIS guidance and for leading me to where His greater glory can be displayed in my life, it is where we can truly be happy and fulfilled!