Tuesday, April 1

The Gift of Giving

Alvan and I were suppose to get some stuff for my birthday, but eventually decided to give it away to a family who needed it most. So, we said, there will be no birthday dinner in the office and church. Only to find out the following day that the GYMN staff prepared a special breakfast and serenade me! See how the Lord brings surprises.


Really, guys, I was surprised at the same time blessed that you made the effort to prepare a yummy breakfast with my favorite red ribbon mango cake courtesy of all the people here in the staff house!!! Thank you so much guys. Rey was there, knowing how busy he is, yet spent another night just to be with us on my birthday... thank you bay!


In the evening, while Alvan and I were preparing to go to the mall for strolling and for dessert, our friend Rina was here with another red ribbon pastry, a mocha roll!


We still had our evening stroll in the mall before it closed and bought two pairs of bedroom slippers! Just walking and stargazing, and talking, and laughing, ohhh, what a day! I told Alvan, I am so happy how my day turned out, truly, the Lord is amazing!

It feels so good to experience the realness of the words of Jesus, that by giving we are blessed, not by the returns of gifts alone but by act of giving itself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see joy in your life as you abide to His will. You're a blessing not just for GYMN but for me as well. Indeed God sovereignly brings people in our life who would be His co worker in molding us.
know that you're greatly appreciated and loved... am glad you're here ;)

-bench-

star Etz said...

touched na man ako... sobra... thank you. I feel that I am genuinely loved and appreciated by you guys, thank you for welcoming us.

Anonymous said...

hi ster..mwa..

God bless ur heart.ur b-day was really special in a way dat u sacrificed wat u want 4 somebody else hu r n need.
sweet mo ni vix..heheh

lab u both..mwa

star Etz said...

Thank you sis. Love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

hi ter makahilak man pod ta ug tagok heehheh bitaw u deserve it thank God for always blessing u and alvan. hapi ko that u'r hapi. miss u ter..u'r life is gift ..mwahh labu!

-sisla-