Tuesday, June 24

Hi "Frank"

Five o' clock in the morning last Sunday, June 22, we were awakened by the roaring sound of the wind. Alvan went downstairs to check our kitchen door that kept banging. The howling wind was so strong with a heavy rain. We clicked the light switch, but the the electricity was out. I texted my sister and asked her if there is a typhoon hitting Manila, and she said yes, the name of the typhoon is "Frank". Well, I never knew! all I know was, a day before Bicol was at storm signal intensity number 2 then 3, but got no idea that it was coming over to visit us.

The morning light started to rise so I was able to witness a storm for the first time in my entire life! Really guys, I have not experienced a typhoon in Davao, nor in Iligan, at least none during my stay there.We tried to be still and listen to the raging sound. I would suddenly get off our bed, look at the window, went to the other room, or downstairs, just to look at the storm from different angles :). I was astonished! A bit afraid of course. I saw that the the rain was not dropping downwards, but sideways, as in perfect horizontal direction. We searched the internet when the electricity resumed and found out that it was signal #3 in Manila and the surrounding provinces and "Fengshen" (its international code name) was going north, up to Baguio the following day.

We woke up at 12 noon, wow what a rest indeed! We were not able to attend church that day. The heavy rain lasted until 10 in the morning and the strong wind slowly subsided after that, though the rain was still consistent until the following day. In the afternoon, Alvan and I went to Trinoma Mall because I had left some items in the baggage counter a day before, there we found out that the rail way station was closed, it could have been very difficult for us to travel to Makati to attend church, good thing we decided to stay at home.

Well, I know to those who were in Manila and NCR for a long time, witnessing a typhoon is not a new experience, but for me, it was spectacular!

Click here to view some typhoon pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mam probinyana, wow, di ka pa nakaexperience ng bagyo? dats something, hehe!

star Etz said...

yep te Gen! :)
tho, sad rin ang after effect diba?